SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the optimization of web pages and their content to be discovered easily by net users searching for terms relevant to one’s website. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the optimization of web pages and their content to be discovered easily by net users searching for terms relevant to one’s website. If you ask What is SEO, you will get to know some more interesting points. Here it goes. SEO also describes the procedure of rendering web pages easier to be indexed by indexing software of search engines referred to as ‘crawlers.’ It is one of the most important aspect of digital marketing.
Why is SEO important?
Every day, online users conduct billions of searches. This implies the proliferation of a tremendous amount of high-intent, specific content.
Many net users are searching for specific services and products with the intention of spending money on them. Such searches have ‘commercial intent’ and web design Townsville will be targeting such users.
What drives SEO traffic?
Search engines play a vital role in driving SEO traffic. Among these, the dominant player is Google. The algorithm used by Google is complicated, but at high levels:
- Google is seeking pages containing relevant, high-quality information related to the query of the net searcher.
- The algorithm of Google decides on relevance by crawling website content and judging whether this content is relevant to the keywords being searched as well as other ranking signals.
- Google decided on quality by several criteria, but the link profile of a website is the most crucial. Link profile refers to the quality and number of other websites that link to one’s website.
Google also uses some other factors as ranking signals:
- How users engage with a site
- Mobile-friendliness and loading speed of the site
- The uniqueness of content of the site
There are hundreds of such criteria or ranking signals that Google uses to respond to searches. These algorithms are being continually changed and updated to help deliver the best experience to users.
SEO practices begin with determining what one is optimizing for. The implication is identifying what terms net users are searching for, called as ‘keywords. These help one’s site to rank high on search engines.
There are many important factors that one must consider while choosing keywords to target in one’s website:
The first step is to determine how many net users are actually searching for a specific keyword. The more users are searching for a keyword, the bigger the potential audience can reach. In contrast, if nobody is searching for a keyword, there is no audience ready to search and find one’s content.
There might be many searches for a specific term, but this does not imply that it is relevant for the target audience. The connection between the query of the searcher and content on the website, which is called keyword relevance, is a vital signal for ranking.
Those keywords that have a high volume of search can drive a substantial amount of traffic. However, competition for prime position on results pages of search engines will be intense.
At this point, one needs to know:
- What kind of services and products are they interested in?
- What are their problems and issues?
- What kind of language do they use for describing their actions as well as their tools?
- Which other companies do they buy from?
After one defines the answers to such questions, one will possess a ‘seed list’ of possible domains and keywords to find more ideas and use some competition metrics and search volumes.
In sum, the above facts will help guide the process of SEO undertaken by one’s company. If you are looking for one, Code Connect provides best SEO in Townsville.