A box cheesecake with poppy seeds and sour cherries? The recipe of lifeisfullofgoodies Sounded great – except for the sour cherries 😂 So I changed the whole thing according to my taste and suitable for the season into a poppy cheesecake with marzipan potatoes. Because I thought, “Okay, marzipan potatoes are kind of like sour cherries in scope…” Welcome to my brain 😂😂 What came out of it? See below!
Ingredients For Cheesecake
- 300 g marzipan potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 g double cream cheese
- 400 g mascarpone
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding powder (for cooking)
- 2 tbsp starch (I: flour)
- 250 g ready-to-bake poppy seed
- Generously line a box with baking paper (if the edge of the paper survives, you can lift the cake out of the mould on the paper afterwards).
- Preheat the oven to 180° over and under heat.
- Beat eggs with sugar, vanilla sugar and salt with the hand blender neatly frothy.
- In a second bowl, mix cream cheese with mascarpone. Sift the vanilla pudding powder and starch/flour over it and stir in.
- Lift the egg-sugar mixture among the cream cheese mix. Then stir in the marzipan potatoes.
- Fill the entire mass into the box shape (the potatoes then sink safely down…). Spread the ready-to-bake poppy seeds in blobs on the cake surface.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 75 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and carefully lift out of the mould with the help of the baking paper. It is best to put in the fridge overnight.
- And then: have fun cutting! 😀
Also Read: Planning of Fitted Kitchen & The most common 10 mistakes
Chocolate heavenly side notes
It was a little too much cheese mass for my shape. So you can certainly bake a few more muffins from the dough. Otherwise, like me, you have to clean the oven, because the shape is a little overrun 😀
Well, the look of the cake is not that great – but you know that from me🤣 The whole thing is almost increasing with all the creaminess 😉 Moreover, the marzipan potatoes sag down by their heaviness. There they are half bite-proof, half marzipan lake. And: I also just had too much dough for my shape…
But all this says NOTHING about the taste, because if you like poppy (beautifully intense!), marzipan (beautiful Christmas!) and of course cheesecake (beautifully creamy-sweet!), the poppy cheesecake with marzipan potatoes will put you in a joyful Christmas mood. In short, it’s delicious! And also very quickly stirred together.
So, what are you waiting for? Have a fine weekend and let yourself be well!