I mentioned last time that I’m not a fan of Christmas cookies, right? As a result, I haven’t brought you any cookies this time, but I’ve bought something Christmas with me: marzipan brownies! Soooo quick and easy, soooo delicious! I found the original recipe at Coffee & Cupcakes .
- 75 g almonds (or hazelnuts or nuts to taste)
- 170 g butter
- 65 g baking cocoa
- 250 g sugar
- 50 ml Amaretto (I: hazelnut liqueur)
- 2 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 g raw marzipan mass
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the almonds [and toast them carefully in the pan (without fat) as desired. I did without it].
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Melt the butter very carefully in the microwave. Stir in the cocoa powder. Then add sugar and liqueur and stir everything until smooth.
- Add the eggs and work them into the batter one at a time. A whisk is enough for this, you don’t even need a mixer.
- Briefly fold in the flour and salt until all the dry ingredients are moist. Fold in the chopped almonds as well.
- Put about half of the chocolate dough in the baking pan, smooth out a little.
- Use a rolling pin to roughly roll out the marzipan on a cutting board into a “plate” of approx. 20 x 20 cm.
- Place the rolled-out marzipan mixture on the chocolate dough, press down gently.
- Spread the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth it out.
- Bake the brownies for about 25-28 minutes (I: more like 28 minutes).
- Let the pastries cool completely in the form on a wire rack.
- Decorate as you like (I: with melted chocolate and cocoa nibs) and cut into as many pieces as you like.
Must Read: Gifts from the kitchen: crispy chocolate and coconut almonds
I think the pictures say it all, don’t they? In any case, they reveal a lot about the consistency. The marzipan brownies are fudgy, bulky, creamy, under-baked … the way brownies should be! Almonds and marzipan add that certain something to taste. And an intense cocoa or chocolate taste is guaranteed anyway. If you pay attention to calories or the amount of sugar, you unfortunately have to bake something else. How about the super juicy marzipan bundt cake ? And if you still want cookies, just make the marzipan croissants .
Have a nice third weekend in Advent!
Order Cake here