I believe that augmented reality will be the biggest technological revolution that happens in our lifetimes. Tim Sweeney
With the end of 2019, started the world famous pandemic which imposed limitation to both mobility and social life. However, we had one advantage and that is “Augmented reality” that successfully merges the real-world experience with computerized- visual elements, sounds, auditory, somatosensory and olfactory.
The term “augmented reality” was first coined by Tom Caudell in 1990 and put into use, by Louis Rosenburg after 2 years in USAF Armstrong’s Research lab to create “virtual fixtures”.
Even though the significance of augmented reality is a decade old, its market bloomed and came into the mainstream reality, along with the emergence of smart phone technology. Develops of brands promoting augmented reality focuses mainly on the platform, image recognition , 3D image recognition and tracking ,open screen graphic,GPS s, open screen graphics, cloud t and spam support.
Why is AR gaining popularity?
- It bridges the gap between reality and vitality.
- Can be customized according to the platform with the help of augmented reality development kit.
- It does not require any additional media involvements, making it cheaper to create.
- Helps the retailer to understand the needs of the customer through observation, statistics and feedbacks.
- Large image recognition makes it possible to virtually portray a wider range of space like- airport, malls,etc
- It supports both single and dual camera for a wide-range viewing access.
DIFFRENCE BETWEEN AR AND VR
|AUGMENTED REALITY||VIRTUAL REALITY|
|AR improves the visual elements with computer generated programs and real life.||VR generates a complete computer generated program and cuts off contacts with real environment.|
|25% visual and 75% real||75% visual and 25% real|
|Less expensive and ideal for start up business.||More expensive, used for all branches of service like; navy, army etc.|
GROWTH STATISTICS: Augmented Reality
- AR engagement is up nearly 20% since the beginning of 2020 with conversion rates increasing by 90% for consumers engaging with AR compared to those that don’t.
Source: Retail Customer Experience
2. 3D content can increase conversion by up to 27.96% on retailer websites
Source: Mobile Marketer
TOP 5 AR SKD FOR MOBILE APPS
- GOOGLE ARCORE
- APPLE ARKIT