Are you thinking of doing a Netgear extender setup in your home? If the answer to this question is yes, then congratulations, you have come to the right place. Through this article, we’ll make you aware of the two methods through which you can easily set up your WiFi range extender. So, let’s get started, shall we?
Netgear Extender Setup Using the Manual Method
Also known as the Netgear Installation Assistant, the Manual method is one of the most used setup methods all across the world. Why don’t you join the crowd?
Walk through the instructions mentioned below to know how to set up your extender with the help of the Netgear installation assistant:
- First and foremost, power on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Then, plug it into an electric wall socket. Make sure the socket is in good condition.
- Create a connection between your extender and home router.
- You are free to use both wired and wireless sources to connect your WiFi devices.
- Go to the Network Manager and connect to Netgear_Ext SSID.
- Once done, open a web browser on your computer. For example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and much more.
- You can install any internet browser as long as it is updated to its latest version.
- Next, access the www.mywifiext.net administrative page.
- You can also make use of the default IP address to log into your WiFi range extender.
- Once the Netgear extender login page appears, enter the default login details to proceed further.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the Basic Home Screen.
- Now, click on the Finish button to complete setting up your Netgear WiFi range extender.
If you follow these step-by-step guidelines carefully, you’ll surely be able to perform Netgear extender setup using the Manual method.
Now that you know how to set up your device with the help of the Netgear installation assistant, it’s time to learn the same by using an Ethernet cable. Scroll down and continue reading.
Netgear Extender Setup Using the Ethernet Cable
- Firstly, restore your Netgear WiFi range extender to its factory default settings.
- Resetting your WiFi device will help you in performing the setup process from scratch.
- Next, connect your extender to the WiFi router by using an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your WiFi devices is free of damages.
- Log into your WiFi range extender by accessing the mywifiext web page.
- Now, you will be prompted to fill in the default username and password of your Netgear extender.
- Enter the necessary login credentials in the required fields and hit Enter to proceed further.
- After that, go through the step displayed on the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
This way, you’ll easily be able to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender by using the Ethernet cable.
So, this all about how to set up your WiFi extender with the help of two different methods. In case you get stuck at any point while setting up your device, feel free to get in touch with our team of experts through the comments section below.