Oops, it’s Christmas in a few days. And we all know: “Thanks” to Corona, things will be different than usual. Even those who have visiting plans are usually with reservations. Let’s make the best of it! In other words: We make ourselves comfortable and eat delicious things, because that will definitely work. You can bring the sweets with you, send them by post or, if nothing works, eat them yourself.
How about something nutty? Most of them rarely had roasted almonds this year because all the Christmas markets were canceled. These chocolate coconut almonds could be a tasty alternative. Presents from the kitchen, I found the quick recipe at Patrick Rosenthal .
- 150 g white chocolate
- 200 g roasted, blanched almonds (can be bought like this – otherwise you have to roast almonds without skin in the oven yourself!)
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar (I: Tonka sugar)
- Melt the white chocolate carefully (I did it very slowly in the microwave).
- Add the almonds to the melted chocolate and mix both together so that all the almonds have a chocolate coating.
- Mix the coconut flakes, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add the coconut-sugar-mix to the almond-chocolate-mix and stir everything well. All chocolate almonds now have a coconut coating.
- Spread the chocolate and coconut almonds on baking paper and let them set. Break into pieces ( i.e. almonds ) and store in a well-sealable box until you are ready to give it away or eat it yourself.
Chocolate heavenly side notes
I would have liked a better coating of the almonds with the chocolate … but somehow there were gaps in me. Maybe I didn’t stir long / properly enough?
That was quick, wasn’t it? And now you have chocolaty coconut almonds to give away, crispy-sweet and with a nice roasted aroma. A little Christmas market feeling might come up with this snack.
Otherwise I’m more of a team cake, as you know. For a lot of coconut, I recommend the coconut milk cake or coconut brownies . And for more almonds, the chestnut cake . Everything with a “delicious” guarantee .Have a nice 4th Advent and a cozy party!