The Gigabyte B450 Aorus M motherboard is a mid-range card with features that make it useful for both gaming and high-profile tasks. But what are its real specs?
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Motherboard Technical Specifications.
The Gigabyte brand B450 Aorus meets many computer needs when it comes to performance. It supports third-generation Raisin processors, has a good cooling base, extensive connectivity and durability.
- CPU socket: AM4 socket.
- RAM Memory Type: DDR4 – SDRAM.
- Memory slot type: DIMM
- Memory speed: 3600 MHz (can support 2133, 2400, 2667, 2933 and 3200 MHz)
- Available memory slots: 4 (dual channel non-ECC inbred)
- Maximum internal memory: 64 GB
- Graphics card interface: PCI-E Gen3
- Memory storage capacity: 1000 TB
- Power type: ATX (24 pin)
- Types of BIOS: UEFI AMI
- BIOS memory size: 32MB
- ACPI version: 5.0
- Jumper Claire CMOS: Yes.
- HDMI connector: 1.
- DVI-D connector: 1.
- USB 2.0 connector: 6.
- USB 3.0 Type-A (3.1 Gen 1) connector: 6.
- USB 3.0 Type A (3.1 Gen 2) connector: 2.
- PS / 2 mouse port: 1.
- RJ-45: 1 Ethernet interface (with gigabyte gaming bandwidth control)
- Headphone jack: 1 (8ch HD audio)
- Microphone and input jack: Yes.
- SATA III connector: 6.
- Hard drive size: 2.5 / 3.5
- RAID levels: 0, 1, 10.
- M.2 NVMe Slots: Yes (with Thermal Protection)
- S / PDIF output connector: Yes.
- Connector for RGB LED strips: Yes.
- Number of chassis fan connectors: 2.
- PCI Express x1: 1 expansion slot.
- PCI Express x16 Gen (3.x) expansion slot: 1.
The B450 motherboard supports third-generation Ryzen processors, however, the BIOS needs to be updated for use with the 3000 XT series. It also supports 1st and 2nd generation AMD processors with Radeon Vega.
Graphics and sound
- Graphics adapter Maximum memory: 16384 MB
- Parallel process support: 2nd crossfire.
- Maximum resolution: 4096 x 2160 px
- Audio output channels: 7.1 channels
- Sound chip: Real Tech ALC892.
Supported operating systems.
- 64-bit Windows 10.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- 64-bit Windows 7 (with AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU)
Features of Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Motherboard.
The motherboard is made of durable material with an anti-sulphur transistor and anti-moisture power connector. In addition, it provides noise and audio protection.
The Gigabyte B450 Aorus M.2 motherboard has a clean design, with a smart layout and PWM digital hybrid MOSFETs. Thanks to this, the losses of switching are reduced and the temperature is kept low.
- Weight: 1 kg
- Dimensions: 38 x 5.7 x 10.7 cm.
The RGB Fusion feature is 100% compatible with the RGB Lite setup inside your tower. You have more customization options and complete control over how you want it to look.
Gigabyte 8118 LAN
This is a type of connection that is useful for managing network bandwidth. It has a game mode that allows you to prioritize sending packages to online games over other applications.
Thermal Protector M.2
M.2 drives can offer significant improvements to the PC, and this particular motherboard includes a thermal protector for this type of drive. Eliminates heat and maintains disk processing speed.
Smart fans are small sensors that are strategically located on the motherboard to detect overheating. This is a great way to keep PC components cool.
Advantages and disadvantages.
The B450 Aorus M motherboard is mid-range but offers good performance. Although it may have some features that limit its operation.
The dual BIOS component has one important BIOS and another backup to protect the PC in case of failure, system or virus.
Multiple displays can be connected. The HDMI and DVI ports allow you to connect two monitors simultaneously and create a dual-screen setup.
Limited Cooling System Although it has sensors that guarantee to monitor the temperature of the motherboard, its cooling connections are not very good and can be seen in the demand for workloads that can last for several hours. Demands.
Difficulty in overclocking. The PC cannot be overloaded, as the Gigabyte B450 does not respond well to the OMS clock, slows down significantly.
It does not have integrated Bluetooth. This may sound unusual, but Bluetooth technology is already part of everyday consumer life.
Gigabyte B450 Orus M vs MSIB 450 Tomahawk Max II.
The ATX MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II motherboard has very similar specifications to the Gigabyte B450 Aorus M.
The difference is that it has a better cooling and circuitry system. This ensures that the components are at the best temperature for high-performance video games.
The Gigabyte B450 Aorus M motherboard has performed well as long as it does not exceed the recommended performance. Although the cooling system is not the best.
You can take advantage of integrated components such as dual display connectors, M.2 disk slots. And Gigabyte 8118 LAN. If you are on a budget and want to build a powerful PC, this can represent significant savings.
Its durability is also guaranteed by the high-quality materials that were used for its design. So you can have a good PC for many years.