Microsoft Outlook is a free email service developed by Microsoft. Outlook lets you have your email, calendar, and contacts in one single place. Outlook also has multiple functions like task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing. Microsoft Outlook is available on the browser and Smartphone; further allows its users to sync all their mails on Outlook Mobile. However, it is quite common for users to forget their passwords, causing them to be unable to log in to their accounts. As reported in studies, nearly 78 per cent of people forget their password and end up resetting their password. In this article, you will find how to perform Outlook mail password recovery in case you forgot outlook password or lost it. You will also find how to contact the Outlook live person support.
HOW TO: RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD
Microsoft outlook password reset is fairly easy to do as long as you have access to either one of your registered email addresses or your phone number. If password manager is not your cup of tea, passwords can be quite difficult to remember. Your query “I lost my outlook password” is solved in this article by resetting your password. Follow the steps below for Outlook mail password recovery.
- Open the web browser on your computer and type account.microsoft.com; upon landing on the Microsoft web page, click on the symbol on the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the column of your username/email ID, type your correct credentials and click on Next.
- A column for your password will appear; right below the column is the Forgot my password option – click on it.
- Next, a text box will open with the title “Why can’t you sign in” – select the first option, i.e., I forgot my password to claim that you forgot outlook password and click on Next.
- In the next text box, type your email ID again so Outlook can find your account and follow the instructions in the text box.
- The same text box is a security measure asking you to fill the Captcha on the screen, enter the Captcha in its designated area and click on Next.
- As mentioned earlier, you need to have access to your email ID or your mobile number; the next window will ask you to select one of these, receive a security code, and enter it in the column to verify yourself as your account owner.
- After you enter the code, click on Next.
- Finally, reset your password window will open where you need to enter your new password in the first column and again in the next column to confirm
- This way, your account will be recovered as the password is changed.
HOW TO: RECOVER OUTLOOK PASSWORD WITHOUT ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESS
If your concern lies in ‘lost my outlook password’ and you do not remember your email address either, or you don’t have access to it, you can still recover your password bypassing a few additional security measures. Follow the next steps to know-how.
- Follow the above steps until you reach the window where you are required to select one of the email addresses, and select I don’t have any of these options instead of the email address, select Next
- A new window will open asking you to enter a contact email address which isn’t the one you are trying to recover, enter the contact email address and click on Next
- Outlook will send you a code on the given email address; take the code and enter it in its designated column
- To verify the account, outlook will ask you a few questions; answer each to complete the verification and click Next
- Now, outlook will take nearly 24 hours to send you a mail approving or disapproving the request to the password reset
- If outlook approves it, you will be able to change the password; if not, you will need to gain access to your alternative mail
HOW TO: OUTLOOK LIVE PERSON SUPPORT
If you need to speak with Outlook live person for support or queries, you need to visit support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/#. When the webpage opens, click on Contact support in the browser instead (if you do not wish to get the Help app). A live chat window will open with the executive to fix your problem.
You can refer to this article for your queries related to the Microsoft Outlook password. And you can visit our other articles and blogs for more How-Tos related to all IT-based problems. We have experts working to fix your problems.