TurboTax is a well-known software tool that is used to maintain all the tax-related things. It not only prepares tax but also double-checks for every step. It helps you to file and save taxes online easily without any complicated process. There are times when you reencounter troubles while using the software. However, it is easy to fix them, as well. But first, you need to know how to install the TurboTax software on your devices.
According to the End User License Agreement of TurboTax, you can install TurboTax on all computers. If you purchase a new computer, it is free to install your TurboTax software on it. When you install the software, the next step would be to transfer your tax returns to the second computer to avoid starting from the point. TurboTax makes it easy for you to move these files while all you need is a CD or a USB flash drive. If you want to install TurboTax on Windows or Mac, there is a specific process that you need to follow.
In this article, you will find how to install TurboTax on your computer or any other device without any hassle in just a few simple steps. We will also provide you with information on how to install TurboTax without CD Drive and a few tips to troubleshoot installation errors.
Easy way to install TurboTax on Windows
It’s best to close any other running program first, including firewall and virus protection programs to ensure smooth installation process. Now follow the steps given below to know how to install TurboTax on windows:
- For how to install TurboTax without CD Drive on windows, you need to double click the downloaded file to launch the installer and it will automatically start downloading.
- If the installation doesn’t start automatically after you insert the CD into the computer’s CD Drive, follow the guideline below:
– Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window, click on Browse and then go to the TurboTax CD on your DVD/CD/RW drive.
– To begin the installation, you have to double click setup.exe file. Once you get to ‘Your product is installed, now let’s achieve it screen,’ enter your license code in the required field, and then select Continue to complete the installation.
How to install TurboTax on Mac?
Installing TurboTax on Mac is an easy process. You can do it by yourself easily at home or the workplace, even without any technical assistance. Follow the instructions given below to install TurboTax on Mac:
- You need to first insert your CD into your Mac’s CD/DVD drive, or double click on your TurboTax’s download’s .dmg file, which will mount a virtual drive on your desktop. The drive should automatically open.
- Now, follow the directions given in the pop-up window. Drag the red “TurboTax checkmark” icon to the Applications folder in the pop-up window. Try and do not drag it to the Applications folder already on your Mac. It needs to go into the Applications folder in the pop-up.
- When you get to the ‘Your Product is installed, now let’s activate’ screen, enter your license code in the ‘License Code’ box, and select Continue to complete the installation.
- To open your program, double click TurboTax in the Applications folder. Ensure that you are running the program from the Applications folder, not from the mounted virtual drive or CD.
Easy Guide to download or install TurboTax on iPhone and Android
Installing TurboTax on your mobile phones seems a much easier process and also accessible. You can file taxes in just a few minutes using your mobile version of TurboTax Software. You can install TurboTax software on your mobile phones by following these simple steps given below:
- To download or install TurboTax on your iPhone, you need first to check your internet connection if it is stable. Then go to the Apple Play Store, and in the search bar, type’ TurboTax.’ You will see various options, but the one with the TurboTax logo will be the application you need to download. Click on the ‘install’ option, and after a few minutes, your TurboTax will be downloaded.
- To download or install TurboTax on Android, you need to check your internet connection and then check if apps are running in the background. First, you need to clear them and then go to the Google Play Store and click on the search bar, type in TurboTax. You will see the TurboTax software is available on Google Play Store. Now, you need to click on ‘Install,’ and your TurboTax will successfully be installed after a few minutes. Once your TurboTax is downloaded, you can sign in to your registered accounts.
How to Install TurboTax without CD Drive? Here’s what you need to know
You can still download your TurboTax Software directly from the website if you do not have a CD drive on your computer or for any other reason. To know how to install TurboTax without CD Drive, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, you need to open your preferred browser and go to InstallturboTax.com. After that, set up a TurboTax account if you don’t have a registered one.
- If you have an existing account, then enter your credentials and sign in. In case you cannot remember your details, then click on ‘Account Recovery.’
- Enter your license code in the pop-up window and continue. The code is a 16 character combination of letters and numbers. You can find the code required on your CD box, envelope, or packing slip.
- Now, select your OS and then select the ‘Get download’ option. Download your new TurboTax software and install it on your device. After the installation process, you will see the ‘Let’s activate it’ screen on your computer. You need to enter your license code in the required box and then select ‘Continue’ to complete the installation.
Troubleshooting TurboTax installation failures or errors
Computers have a unique combination of components, settings, programs, services, and users. This implies TurboTax can be installed and run perfectly on computer, but on the other, one computer’s configuration can cause conflicts when installing, launching, or running TurboTax.
To ensure that TurboTax installs and runs successfully, follow the instruction given below:
- It would be best if you verified that you have ‘administrator rights’ on your computer. You can check if TurboTax is running as an Administrator in your system by right-clicking the TurboTax icon and select ‘Properties.’ In the Compatibility Tab, check the ‘Run as Administrator’ box and click on Ok. Check your TurboTax CD and computer’s CD drive if you are installing from a CD. Try to Clean up and defragment your hard drive also.
- Run Windows Update to keep your computer up-to-date. Also, update your computer’s hardware drivers. If it is still not working properly, you will have to update your security software. Make sure that you close all browser windows and programs before installing.
In conclusion to this blog, you now have solutions to your queries related to ‘how to install TurboTax on computers and mobile devices.’ We also mentioned a few steps to how to install TurboTax without CD Drive and a few troubleshooting tips to fix TurboTax installation failures or errors.