Bodies of men and women are different and so are their needs. Their requirement of nutrition also varies for this reason. Changing lifestyles and stress have negatively impacted the lives of everyone. Achieving perfect health with a proper diet and exercise seems to be wishful thinking in fast-paced times. This is the reason for the rising popularity of multivitamins these days. Multivitamins help in filling the nutritional gap and are easily absorbable, fast-acting sources of nutrition for our bodies. These micronutrients majorly consist of iron, calcium, and vitamins A, B, C and D.
However, one multivitamin cannot be suited for the entire family. Men’s bodies have specific requirements that aren’t practically met with daily dietary intake. For instance, men need sufficient Vitamin D to produce testosterone, aid brain development and strengthen the bones. Optimum amounts of Vitamin E are required to support prostate health in men. This is the reason for the popularity of Multivit men tablets.
Why Choose Multivitamins?
With the normal aging process, the body tends to deteriorate and starts losing essential vitamins and minerals at a rapid pace. Also, absorption of nutrients becomes slower and hence external supplementation is required.
Multivitamins Need in Men as per Age
- For Men 30 to 40 Years of age
During this time, the body is adapting to the new changes and hormone levels. Metabolism level starts deteriorating and calcium absorption is reduced. Studies show that this age group reduces intake of milk and fruits in their diet and hence leads to nutritional deficiencies. We are listing below the vitamins and minerals required for men who are between 30 to 40 years of age.
- Vitamin D: The bone-mineral density starts to lose post-30’s and vitamin D levels also start to drop. Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium in bones. Apart from this, this plays a crucial role in the development of testosterone levels in men. Also optimum levels of Vitamin D should be maintained to prevent colon cancer, as per certain studies.
- Folate: Folic acid or folate is essential for men as it prevents the buildup of homocysteine, when in excess can lead to heart and blood vessel disease. The recommended allowance of folate is 400 mcg a day, which in general aren’t met through a daily diet. Thus multivitamins are required to meet this nutritional deficiency.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is a critical mineral that plays a vital role in diverse functions of the body that includes blood glucose control, nerve function, synthesis of protein, supports muscle health, aids sexual health and also contributes to blood levels of testosterone. Health experts recommend 420mg for men above the age of 31 years.
- Omega-3: These are polyunsaturated fatty acids that play a crucial role in cardiovascular health, promote healthy joints, assist cognitive development and also aid vision.
- Vitamin C: It is a potent antioxidant that fights against free radicals that harm healthy cells of the body. Proper intake of vitamin C is proved to slow down the aging process. It is also vital for the optimum immune system and prevents seasonal diseases like common cold and flu.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is required for the proper function of the nervous system and also supports memory retention. Studies show men with low levels of B12 are more prone to depression and dementia. The stress levels are high among men between 30 to 40 years and sufficient intake of vitamin B12 is required.
- For Men 50 years and Above
Men over 50 years are at much risk of chronic diseases like osteoporosis and the dietary intake is also limited. Studies show that vitamin B12 absorption is quite low in men who fall under this age category. Physically active men also require external supplementation as nutrient absorption is slow at this age. Vitamins and minerals important for men above 50 years:
- Calcium and Vitamin D: The body tends to lose more than it absorbs and it increases the risk of serious illnesses like osteoporosis. Adding milk, yogurt, cheese to the daily diet is essential. Also for optimum calcium absorption adding vitamin D to the diet is required.
- Antioxidants: The addition of antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, E, selenium and zinc are required in the diet of men above 50 years.
- Vitamin B 12: As stated above, men above 50 years are seen to have poor vitamin B 12 absorption and hence is to be taken from multivitamins for optimum cognition and memory retention.
Multivitamins in men have become the need of the hour as they fill the nutritional void and also boost the energy level and overall performance of the body.
TrueBasics is a trusted brand and is known for producing health supplements that are scientifically formulated using premium organic ingredients.
TrueBasics Multivit Men is suitable for all age groups and contain:
- Brain Blend: It contains a powerful blend of omega-3, choline, ginkgo biloba, inositol, etc
- Stress buster Blend: essential amino acids and plant extracts that reduce stress and improve mood levels
- Antioxidant Blend: It contains vital antioxidants that fight against harmful free radicals
- Virility Mix: Contains herbs like ashwagandha, safed musli, etc that are proven to improve virility in men
- 100 percent RDA of 23 Vitamins and Minerals including vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B3, B12, etc.