As an effective way to boosting wifi bandwidth, you can always depend on Netgear wifi Extender as it does a splendid job. However, it is essential to have a perfect and properly installed technology as it helps in boosting the internet connectivity throughout your home. This guide will provide instructions to wirelessly connect to your Netgear wifi Extender using the manual setup. After the Netgear wifi Extender Setup, it would be successfully connected to the wifi booster and has obtained a valid connection.
Suppose you cannot connect to the Netgear wifi Extender manually (not via Reset), even though your Extender is connected successfully to DP using the reset button. In that case, you should do as explained in the next paragraph.
Netgear wifi extender is a plug-and-play device. You can make use of your computer to be able to connect to your Router. In the address bar, you should type https://www.mywifiext.net. Further, you will see a pop box will appear on your screen. Here, you will be asked about your login details, including your username and password.
Your default login credentials should be – “My wifi” and “Netgear” in the username and password fields, respectively. You should remember that both of these usernames and passwords are case-sensitive, so you should be careful in putting them.
Once you are done with the login, we recommend that you set up and then click on the wireless settings. Next, recheck the value in the password field. You would find it under the security options. If you see that your password is not matching with the other one, then you should do all it takes so that both of them become the same and match. Apart from that, you should check your current connection and then try again.
My wifi Netgear Extender Setup
1. You should plug your range extender into the power button. Wait till the device turns on.
2. After you have managed to secure the connection, type www.mywifiext.net on the address bar. Once you have completed the action, then press the enter button.
3. You would now have to click on the new extender setup. Now, it would be the time to register your Netgear Genie Setup and create the account as per requirements.
4. Soon after, you will be asked ‘how you want to use your extender.’ There, you will have to select the option of wifi range extender network.
5. You will see that a list of all the wireless networks will appear. You will then need to select the available network and then select the next.
6. Finally, you will be able to change your settings. Once you are finished with making all the necessary changes to your settings, then you should restart all your devices and then shift the entender to its new position where you will want to have it placed.
Netgear wifi Extender Setup Without An Ether Port:
1. Firstly, you will need to reset the settings of your wifi extender. To do this, you will need to hold it back to its factory default settings. Try to press and hold the factory setting button. You will find it present on the side panel. Do this for about 1-2 seconds.
2. Now, through your wifi, try to connect to your wifi extender. Once you are done with the previous step, in the address bar, type https://myWIFIe-xt.net. After that, you will see that a pop-up box will appear on the screen. Here you will have to mention all your login details, chiefly your username and password. Add in your default login details as “MyWiFiExt” in the username field. Follow suit for the password as well by putting in “Netgear” in the password field. Because both the passwords and the usernames are case sensitive, therefore, you should always practice caution when putting them to use.
3. By following the steps that have been mentioned in the setup wizard, you will be successful in setting up your connection to the router. Now you will be able to reconnect all your wifi devices to the range extender.
Steps to Setup the Netgear Range Extender
1. Firstly, you should try to plug in the extender. After that, wait until you see that the power LED light turns into a green shade.
2. Now, on your wireless device, you would need to connect to the wireless network.
3. Next, go to the web browser from your device. You will see that the browser will directly take you to the onscreen New Extender Setup.
4. You will see that it will serve you with a list of all kinds of existing wireless networks available within the given range. After you have received the complete search list, it will display all the names of the wireless networks which would be open to connecting to. It would help if you chose the one not in your existing wireless network, as that would be the one you would wish to extend.
5. If your new wireless network comes with security, then in the pop-up box which shall appear, you’ll need to enter the passphrase.
6. If you see that your router is supporting the dual-band, you would need to choose the two networks of your new network and then click on the continue further. However, if it is in case you are not able to select the option; My router does not support Dual-band.
7. Thereafter, further you will be asked to alter the wireless settings of your Extender. If you don’t wish to make any changes, then all you need to do is click on continue and finalize the entire setup process.
8. Remember that you cannot forget to review as you will need to make sure they are correct. After then, you will be able to connect your devices with the network.
9. Once you see that you have successfully connected, you need to go to the extender screen and recheck all the options – My wireless devices are connected to the extender network.
10. After you have finished following all the steps, you would need to click on the finish button so that you could close the entire setup page.
If you continue to face issues, then you can always chat up with the experts.
Increasing Network Speed With Different Types of Netgear wifi Range Extender
You can empower your dead regions with the help of efficient network connectivity with the use of wifi range extenders. Because of specific barriers, sometimes, the signal strength fails to cross certain regions where networking connectivity is especially required. The cause could be due to metal appliances coming into the path, or, maybe, so type of architectural interferences. The brand offers extenders that are incredibly easy to install and are also pretty affordable on the pocket.
Therefore, it is the best time if you are looking to amplify the overall signal strength with the help of productive Netgear wifi extenders. Whatever is the overall signal strength, it gets nourished multiple times than it would be before. These have the potential to enhance the speed of any existing router type. And on top of everything else, the entire setup hardly takes only a few minutes to get fully installed.