Ticket booking During COVID-19 Travel:
- Make sure to book the flight on the respective Airlines website, to avoid any technical delay or flight cancellation.
- Make sure you check the lab information for the RT-PCR test from the airlines if they have any recommended. Few clinics are ban so make sure you are taking precautions for the same.
- Preferably from the Airline’s website, to confirm the information quickly and safely.
RT-PCR Test required:
- Prior to departure make sure you have calculated the 96 hours and performing the test on the same period.
- Make Sure you have ample time to apply for institutional quarantine exemption. Most likely after your RT-PCR result and the 72 hrs before boarding the flight.
- ASTAR Clinic is a better option as they are doing with minimal charges of AED 150.
Apply for Self-declaration:
- This can be declared anytime, recommended to declare along with your quarantine exemption.
- Self-declaration does not require any approval, you just need to download the soft copy and need to present while arriving in India.
Collect the RT-PCR Test negative report:
- This is the most important report in this situation whereas you need to carry this softcopy all the time.
- After receiving your negative report, you need to carry a soft copy all the time with you.
Apply for exemption of quarantine:
- This is very important for an exemption for your 7 days institutional quarantine, which going to happen in the hotel. In case of failing this activity, you need to bear the cost for 7 days hotel quarantine.
- Approval is subject to the application queue. usually, it gets approved within 12 hours.
- You can track the Exemption status through this link: https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/allairports
Register travel to Indian Embassy Abu Dhabi, UAE: COVID-19 Travel
- This is a general declaration the same as self-declaration, which recommended after the RT-PCR result as you can declare the Test result as negative.
- This might be informative as Indian Embassy will also collect your information, in case of future reference.
Do the web check-in before reaching the Airport: respected Airlines
- This is now a mandatory procedure, and you can do prior to 96 hrs for your International flights.
- Airlines do give the form while doing the bag checking as a normal declaration for safety and their internal terms and condition.
- Make sure to apply for an alias or window seats to avoid wearing PPE Kit.
- This might be my personal suggestion to avoid the un-necessary PPE kit, choose wisely your seat while web check-in. make sure you have chosen the alias or window seat and avoid choosing the middle seat.
- You can have another alternative option if Alias and windows seats are chargeable as you can change the seat while doing the bag check-in.
India situation while Arrival:
Arogya setu App: COVID-19 Travel
After Existing the flight, they will ask to declare the Arogya setu app whereas you need to declare the personal and health details.
As you have already applied and carry the same soft copy, you can skip the long queue for the same.
RT-PCR Approval copy: COVID-19 Travel
As you have already RT-PCR negative reports and approval of institutional quarantine exemption, you can directly show this after your immigration for a smooth transition.
Stamp for quarantine:
As you have all the approval and necessary document, they will put a stamp on your wrist to instruct you for 14 days home quarantine.